Everyone loves a Subaru – from ski bums to hippies with a dozen mutts in tow. Maybe it’s the renowned all-wheel-drive system or maybe the generous cargo space, but one thing is for certain – Subarus get a lot of fanfare.
This is especially true in Utah, where the weather changes more than a bipolar poodle. Having an all-wheel-drive Subaru makes driving in foul weather easy. It also makes the neighbors very jealous when they’re digging their Mercury Grand Marquis out of a snow drift at 2 a.m.
It’s important to keep your Subaru well maintained to ensure it’s ready for whatever Mother Nature has in store. We know Subarus like we know the lyrics to every Elton John song –and trust us – that’s very, very well. Whatever service or repair your Subie needs, we’ve got you covered.
Some common Subaru services we perform include:
- Factory Scheduled Maintenance (30K, 60K, 90K, etc): no, it’s not just that we love to see your smiling face on a regular basis. Keeping up on your scheduled maintenance is extremely important for your car’s health.
- Oil Changes: don’t scrounge around on the garage floor for hours or take your car to a quick lube place for an oil change – bring it to the pros.
- Tune-Ups: some mechanics complain about doing tune-ups on Subarus because of the tight space created by the Boxer engine design. Not us. We love ‘em. Maybe it’s because we have freakishly small hands? The jury is still out on that one.
- Filter Replacement: don’t suffocate your engine (or your passenger compartment) with a dirty air filter, fuel filter or cabin filter. Let us swap it out for one that’s new and squeaky clean.
- Windshield Wiper Blades: because what’s the use of having an all-wheel-drive vehicle that can cut through the rain, sleet and snow if you can’t see where you’re going?
- Fluid Services: front differential, rear differential and everything in between needs its fluids changed. Don’t forget to keep your fluids fresh and clean.
- Trip Inspections: don’t leave home without one.
- Maintenance Inspections: find out what your car needs – nothing more, nothing less.
- Brakes: we don’t need to explain the importance of good brakes, do we?
- Check Engine Light Diagnostics: let us extinguish the dreaded check engine light for you.
- Timing belt: if your timing belt breaks, it can do major damage to you engine, providing your with a humongous repair bill. So, if you don’t want to be eating Top Ramen for the next six months, get your timing belt replaced on time.
- Head Gasket Replacement: one of the negative aspects of owning an older Subie is the inevitable head gasket replacement. When your car starts leaking anti-freeze and oil quicker than you can say Indiana Jones, you’ll know it’s time.