Remember Volvos from the 70s and 80s? We do. They were wedge-shaped, boxes on wheels. We’ve been fans of the Swedish automaker (now under Chinese rule) since the good ol’ days.
Modern Volvos still retain some of the unusual, yet loveable traits handed down from their forebears. But, late model Volvos are much more high-tech, requiring someone with in-depth knowledge to maintain them properly. They have dozens of computers onboard, which means Cooter the shady-tree mechanic should not be fooling around under the hood.
Whatever arrangement of letters and numerals designates your Volvo – be it an XC70, XC90, or S60 – we’ve got the tools and knowledge to service it right.
Some common Volvo services we perform include:
- Factory Scheduled Maintenance (30K, 60K, 90K, etc): forgetting your cars scheduled maintenance is as bad as forgetting your anniversary. Ok, maybe not quite, but it is definitely on the list of no-nos. Keeping up on factory scheduled maintenance will ensure your car runs well, longer.
- Oil Changes: the most fundamental of all vehicle services is the oil change, and we offer a wide range of lubes – from regular to full synthetic.
- Tune-Ups: it probably doesn’t come as a surprise that a tune up helps your car run well. For a smooth running rig, fresh plugs and wires are a must.
- Filter Replacement: filters do exactly what their name implies – they keep nasty stuff out. This is a good thing, so don’t forget to change out your filters periodically.
- Windshield Wiper Blades: we have crazy weather in Utah – one day the sun is shining and the next day you’re caught in a blizzard. Be prepared with a fresh set of wipers.
- Fluid Services: most Volvos are all-wheel drive, which means they have more fluids than most other vehicles on the road. All of these fluids need to be changed out periodically. Transmission services, differential services, brake fluid and cooling system flushes – we do them all.
- Trip Inspections: don’t take your Volvo out on the open road without having us take a look at it first.
- Maintenance Inspections: this is the vehicular equivalent of a check-up at the doctor’s office. ‘Nuff said.
- Brakes: if you can’t stop, nothing else matters. It’s imperative that your vehicle has good brakes.
- Check Engine Light Diagnostics: if your check engine light is on, something is wrong. Let us figure it out, and fix it right.
- Timing belt: the timing belt keeps your vehicle’s internal engine parts in synch, so needless to say, it’s important. If it breaks, it can ruin your engine, that’s why its imperative to get it changed according to the manufacturers scheduled maintenance intervals.